Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it?
I dont' foresee myself blogging very much in the near future, so i'll be sure to treasure these times when i actually am blogging. So here we go.
Not so many days ago, i found myself in a conversation with 2 other guys, and the topic of christianity came up. One of em, lets call him guy A, was brought up in a Christian family, and was raised in church, went to bible academy, and well... looked every bit a christian. He then started going on and on about how he wasn't sure about it anymore. That he saw christianity as a mindset that helped people focus their lives, and have a purpose to live for, to drive them to succeed in life. He went on to say that before he became a med student (forgot to mention that), he used to see people get healed of cancer and think that it was a miracle, but now would "know" that cancer is a recurring-remitting disease, and that the disease was probably in remission for that period of time. That is just an example, he gave a few more.
I then found myself sitting there, arguing (yes, almost to that extent) that christianity wasn't what he said it was, and that his perspective was indeed flawed. (note that the other guy, guy B was a neutral and was on the verge of becoming a christian coming to church regularly)
Well before i knew it, the convo was over and guy A had left us. Guy B then came up to me and asked me y i got offended by what guy A had said. I was taken aback. I wasn't really offended, i just wanted to put my point across. But thinking back, i did seem a little... hostile. I couldn't really figure out y i reacted the way i did. But you know what, the whole thing proved to me that I just do not know enough about my own faith, and my God. I really don't.
I hate to think that i am wavering in my faith. No i'm not, but i'm just beginning to realise that there is so much more to it than just child-like faith, especially when i become older and more knowledgeable.
It truly is harder for the knowledgeable and rich to enter the kingdom of God. Lord God help my unbelief.